The da Vinci Mini offers a perfect entry point for beginners and students to explore 3D printing, thanks to simplified controls and a user-friendly workflow process.
- One touch button process for quick 3D printing
- Auto calibration provides instant bed leveling
- Small footprint, yet robust build volume
- Bundled with XYZmaker and XYZware
- Built-in Wi-Fi for connecting to the home, office, or classroom
- Accommodates safe, non-toxic PLA filament
With the XYZprinting STEAM program, students and beginners can quickly get acclimated to 3D printing in science, technology, engineering, math, and the arts.
About XYZ da Vinci Mini 3D Printer
XYZprinting’s da Vinci Mini is part of its Beginning line of products, ideal for young makers, students, and part-time hobbyists who require an easy and affordable way to get started with 3D printing. Using a seamless, one-touch control process, the da Vinci Mini features an automatic filament loading system, color coded indicator lights, and a simplified overall workflow for beginners. With its intuitive auto-calibration system, the da Vinci Mini performs instant bed leveling prior to each 3D print. It can connect wirelessly to computers in homes, offices, and classrooms, reducing the need for USB cable clutter.
Made with a rigid plastic housing and supported by steel components, the da Vinci Mini 3D printer offers a stable, vibration-free extrusion process in order to ensure accuracy. The aluminum build plate helps promote surface adhesion in order to prevent warping and curling. All of the printer’s precision components have been carefully designed to ensure consistent and trouble-free 3D printing.
The da Vinci Mini’s build area measures 5.9” x 5.9” x 5.9”, allowing it to work with objects such as toys, small prototypes, jewelry, and more. The external drive system pushes filament toward the single extruder hot end, simplifying the process for beginners. The color coded LED interface changes according to the 3D printing conditions, providing a new way for users to interpret heating, printing, or potential filament feeding issues.
Important information about print material (filament) – again, in a positive way
- To be noted if print material is limited (e.g. only custom PLA spools).
- To be noted if the variety of print materials is impressive.
Anything else notable
- The da Vinci Mini 3D printer uses proprietary filament rolls from XYZprinting, making them safe for younger consumers, students, and casual hobbyists.
- XYZprinting PLA filaments are non-toxic and free of heavy metals; extensively tested for safe and reliable 3D printing.
- XYZmaker and XYZware are bundled with the da Vinci Mini, providing streamlined 3D modeling and slicing capabilities that are easy and intuitive for classrooms.
Additional Tech Specs
- Can go into more technical information about the print chamber size, extruder model or temperatures, print bed material. Feel free to include actual specs (e.g. 17 microns, 12”, etc.)
The da Vinci Mini 3D printer is capable of printing between 100 micron (0.1 mm) and 400 micron (0.4 mm). Users should be aware that the finer the resolution, the slower the overall print speed.
The da Vinci Mini is available in two colors, orange and black, and red/yellow/blue. The red, yellow, blue color scheme is designed to complement the atmosphere of younger classrooms.
XYZprinting is a leading provider of affordable desktop 3D printers for homes, offices, and schools. Backed by a variety of 3D printers and accessories, the company strives to make 3D printing affordable and accessible to the masses.
|Printer Type||FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling)|
|Filament Compatibility||PLA (Polyactic Acid)|
|Printer Weight||22.7 lbs|
|External Dimensions||20” x 18” x 15.5” (508 mm x 457 mm x 394 mm)|
|Print Bed||Aluminum Plate|
|Print Bed Max Temp||Non-Heated|
|Extruder Configuration||Single Extruder|
|Extruder Max Temp||230 Degrees Celsius (446 Degrees Fahrenheit)|
|Build Area||5.9” x 5.9” x 5.9” (150 mm x 150 mm x 150 mm)|
|Build Volume (Approximate)||205 cubic inches (3.36 Liters)|
|Layer Thickness Minimum||100 microns (.1 mm) (Variable)|
|Layer Thickness Maximum||400 Microns (.4mm) (Variable)|
|Input File Type||.STL|
|Software Compatibility||XYZ Maker, XYZWare, XYZ printing STEAM|
|Power Compatibility||100 – 240 VAC, 50 – 60hz|